Sunday, December 9, 2007

Questions and Answers from Alisa at North Star Treasures:

Question:
1. Do you have any catalogs? 2. Do you have any local dealers in California? 3. What is the significance of the castle printed on the back of the pottery? Thanks! Loraine

Answer:
Loraine,
Thank you for your inquiry! Unfortunately, we do not have any printed catalogs at this time. We have over 50 different shapes, and many of those shapes are available in up to 26 patterns...and so we have discovered that it is exhausting to try to keep a catalog up to date! Most things that are available are listed on the website (although we love to go on "treasure hunts" for customers...if you are seeking a different pattern or shape), and on the top of our website pages there is a "Print" button, which can help you print specific categories or shapes that you would like to consider further.

I do not have any dealers in California. During the summer months I have a retail location in Alaska, where I meet thousands of tourists from California. I often ask them if they have local stores that carry the pottery, and I will admit that the answer is almost always "no." While Polish Pottery is somewhat commonly found in the East, it is almost unheard of in the Western States! That's one reason we offer our pottery online, to help everyone from everywhere collect it!

As for the Castle on the back of the pottery...
There are about 10 different factories that now make Polish Pottery in the small town of Boleslawiec, where Polish Pottery has its origins. The Castle stamp belongs to my favorite factory, the Zaklady Ceramiczne "Boleslawiec" company! It is the largest and oldest manufacturer or pottery, and in my opinion, has the most consistant quality, both in terms of production, and in its sponge-painting designs. It is my favorite to collect, because their designs mix and match so well, and I know I am always getting a high quality piece! All of the pottery currently listed on my website is from the Zaklady factory, and has the Castle stamp on the back.
For more information regarding the pottery, production, patterns, "Unikat" or "Signature" pieces, etc...feel free to visit our Polish Pottery Info page at:
https://www.northstar-treasures.com/pages.php?pageid=5

Thanks again, and let me know if you have any other questions I can answer!

No comments: