Monday, February 8, 2010

Polish Pottery for the Holidays

I admit...I'm still posting photos from Thanksgiving...because the food looked amazing!
We used the Zaklady Polish Pottery Deep Baker with Handles (GU1345) to hold all of our turkey carvings:
A medium-sized Polish Pottery pitcher held our homemade gravy:
A small Polish Stoneware baker held our steamed fresh green beans (yummy)!:
And what Thanksgiving would be complete without crab? Oh wait--MINE would!

However, years ago my sister and her husband decided to start their own Thanksgiving traditions. Not being the biggest Turkey fans, they decided that they would have crab and steak for their "traditional" Thanksgiving dinner.

So, with my sister's family, my family, and our parents together for Thanksgiving this year, we had quite the assortment of "traditional" food. We cooked up a turkey for my Dad (half of us are vegans--and I must admit I cheated a TAD to have some!), and my sister and her husband brought crab (skipping the steak, due to an overwhelming amount of food, as it was).

They used a GU879 Polish Pottery Pie Plate to hold their clippings (is that what you call them? I don't eat seafood!), and small Polish Pottery bowls to hold their butter dip.

No comments: